Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Cancer what a weird word!

So I have CANCER. What a weird word. My doctor called me today and gave me the news. I was shocked! I thought for sure it would turn out to be nothing. The lump in my breast is the size of a tangerine. I feel totally fine and can't believe my body is sick. My doctor said the cancer is in my lymph node in my arm pit and is growing rapidly. My doctor is awesome. He called all the doctors I need to see and set everything up for me. My first appointment is set for tomorrow @8:30. I am trying to think positive and look for the good in this. I told my husband today that we are going to Hawaii this weekend and spending the week together alone on the beach.
So if you don't see me next week that is where I am!

I went to the gym today and worked on cardio for an hour. My session with Meg is tonight. I plan on continuing this program and succeeding and most of all, I plan to WIN! So watch out girls, because I am more determined than ever to be the healthiest I can be!

5 comments:

  1. If anyone can get through this, you can! I'm cheering you on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry!! BUMMER. I hope you and your husband find fun, stength, resolve, and rest in beautiful HA before you enter this stage of "conquoring the enemy". I have two good friend who have gone through this, survived, and thrived. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing, you give me strength. My thoughts and prayers are with you. You are such a positive person and I have learned so much from you. This is another challenge that you are going to win. Have fun in Hawaii

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was sad to hear your news, but I also an heartened to read of your positive attitude. My sister-in-law was 38 when diagnosed with breast cancer.She had a mastectomy and chemo and is doing great today. I also have a very very close friend that is a breast cancer survivor and doing great. Best of luck to you - I hope all works out fantastic for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This competition will give you the strength to deal with whatever comes your way. I'm glad you decided to take some time out for yourself. That's probably the best thing you could have done!

    ReplyDelete