Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Nutrition Class



Jalaine our life changing teacher
speaking to the class about the different
types of eaters.



Today was our weekly nutrition class. As usual the class was very fun and I learned new things. Our teacher Jalaine is awesome, she makes the class fun. The hour slips by so fast. Today we talked about the different kind of eaters. I am the Careful Eater. Let me rephrase that. I was the Careful Eater. I am now trying new foods and allowing myself to eat what I want not necessarily what I need. I also learned today that it is not nice to tell people what they should or should not eat. I am guilty of this and sometimes do this with my husband. :( I am going to try really hard not to. Last night for St. Patrick's Day I made a very delicious key lime pie. I changed the recipe a little and it turned out really yummy! I love the way I am starting to look at food differently. I am in control, ME, not my food or my head! Here is my Key Lime Pie recipe if anyone is interested.




Key Lime Pie

8 whole graham crackers crushed
5 limes or 10 key limes
1 small tub of light whipped topping, thawed
3/4 of a can of fat free sweetened condensed milk
1 tsp. grated lime zest

Place graham crackers on the bottom of a pie tin and bake it for 6-9 mins.
Remove from oven and let crumbs cool completely. In a large bowl combine whipped topping and milk, squeeze limes well and grate zest. Mix together and place it in the pie tin over the graham cracker crumbs. Refrigerate for at least one hour. Makes 9 servings.

No comments:

Post a Comment