Thursday, March 5, 2009

Off To A Belated Start!

I am off to a late start, our computer was being repaired. So let's catch up! Because this is a competition so I will not be giving any exact details or secrets away! I will tell you that I love the GYM! I am so grateful for my trainer, Meg. She is awesome she pushes me to my fullest potential.

The nutrition class we have been attending every Wednesday, is very educational. I always thought I was a healthy eater, boy was I wrong. Currently, I am only to consume 1350 calories a day! I thought it would be hard but, I was wrong. My family, husband and four kids have really been supportive and I am grateful for that.

After, attending the first nutrition class, I thought to myself, I want this for myself, but I want even more for my family and allow them to be healthy and develop good eating and exercise habits. I explained to my family that I was not doing a good job at meal planning and for them to expect changes at the dinner table. I decided we could eat the same foods, I just need to make a few changes to them. Example, I made spaghetti , I switched to whole wheat noodles and blended two cups of carrots and a cup of cauliflower into the sauce and used very lean griound beef. Another one of their favorites are pumpkin muffins. I added a cup of finley ground 9-grain cereal and used whole wheat flour, subsituted applesauce for the oil. They didn't even know the difference. I am really thankful for this opportunity to take part of this program and gain the knowledge of enjoying better health.

No comments:

Post a Comment