Monday, May 18, 2009

Killer Sweet and Sour Chicken with Brown Rice AWESOME!

I made this really yummy Sweet and Sour Chicken that was low in sugar and low fat packed with veggis and brown rice it was delicious. Here is the recipe.


1/2 pound of boneless, skinless chopped chicken breast cooked.
2 cups of sliced carrots cooked.
1/4 cup pineapple tidbits
1/2 cup chopped bell pepper
1/4 cup sliced onion
3/4 cup brown sugar
1t. vinegar
1 cup water
6t. ketchup
2t. light soy sauce
Place all ingredients in a large skillet and bring to a boil. Can be thickened with
1T. cornstarch. Serve over brown rice.

Serves six
*Note you can reduce or add more sugar for your preference.

I love being to recreate and eat food I love. It is nice to make yummy fresh food. If I went out to eat sweet and sour chicken at a restaurant. I know it would be over a 1000 calories. I feel good making fresh food with low calories.:) I am really glad we learned so much about food and the nutritional facts in our nutrition class.

I went to the gym today. I worked out pretty hard. I love seeing my muscles grow. It is very satisfying to see your body transform in just a few short months. Later I went to chemo. I feel pretty good and hope to run tomorrow morning and hopefully meet with Meg tomorrow night for my training. Meg told me she was very impressed and I was doing great and knew what I was doing and said she knows I will be able to continue to work hard. I appreciated he comment and you know she is right I have learned the tools I need to be successful at working out. Thanks MEG!

No comments:

Post a Comment